Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Castaway Cay

Still waiting for pictures? You'll have to keep waiting. Without Molly, photographs are going to be few and far between. Besides, nobody needs to see a picture of me in a bathing suit!

Anyhoo, today was our first day at Castaway Cay, Disney's private island. We'll swing back by here on Saturday on our way home. Today was a good day to be at the beach - if you like hot and sunny.

I started out with the unofficial Castaway Cay 5K. Here's what that entails: first, they list it in the daily activity sheet, for anyone interested to meet over by the bike rentals. I show up with about 25 other people, all of whom are obviously running fools. Me - I'm a wogging idiot. Anyhoo, some skinny Disney cast chick is on a bike, describing the route. As usual, I'm not listening. I'm too busy trying to size up the competition - mainly, trying to figure out who (if anyone) is going to walk this thing. Skinny Disney Chick finishes her speech with, "Now remember, this is a fun run, so you can walk it or run it. Oh, and don't be concerned if I'm not here when you finish." In my case, I wonder if the ship will still be there when I finish.

We start, and of course, 22 of the 25 are off and leaving me in their dust. The lone couple who said they were going to walk it are the only people behind me. We trot down some road (where I pass Marilyn on her way to her cabana massage - who's the smarter sister?), turn to trot down some other road, then come back to make a loop somewhere and do the whole thing again. I'm still not sure if I turned at the right spot or not, but eventually I ended up at the finish. Not that it mattered. True to her word, Skinny Disney Cast Member Chick was nowhere to be found, and a Disney Beer Selling Dude was there in her place. And even better, the ship was still there, too!!
**********************************************************************************
Today's blessings: finishing the 5k (I suppose); beautiful day for beaching it; Felipe and the Konk Kooler; afternoon nap; eating dinner at our table across from Ducky Williams; chatting with the cast member in the store; arranging for tour and snack from platinum club

No comments: