Friday, April 1, 2011

April 1

Today is April Fool's Day. And it has certainly been an April foolish day. Let me expound ...

I started the day off at Butt Camp and managed not to faint, fall down, or freak out. A good start to the day, right?

Then I came home to prepare my breakfast staple of brown rice. The recipe is simple - put rice and water in pan, bring to a boil, cover and turn to low, and wait 45 minutes. Today after about 15 minutes, I smelled a bit of burning. I went to investigate and found my rice burning up, apparently from my skipping the step that required turning the pan down to low. It was a mess and the smell is still in the air.

So, after a substitute breakfast, I began what would be a series of nappettes (naps lasting 5 minutes or less) during the day. It's been a busy week and my sleep patterns have been terrible, so I need the nappettes.

Meanwhile, Maribeth (who is in Cuba visiting Mathieu) had bought a bedroom set on Craigslist and told the current owners that I would come by and pick it up. Through a series of geometric and algabraic calculations, I decided that none of our vehicles would be sufficient to haul the furniture, so I booked a UHaul van. But I needed to pick it up in 15 minutes. But Steve was out having coffee with Dewey. So I texted and called Molly, who came and took my smoky self to UHaul and I got the van and brought it home.

Anyhoo, by this time I needed a shower, since I smelled like I had just smoked a carton of Pall Malls. Also, I wanted to smell that fresh grandma smell for when Lindley (who is feeling puny with a cold) was coming over.

So, Lindley came over, had two bites of lunch and went down for a nap. Which also meant it was time for another nappette.

We all got up, and then it was time to pick up the furniture. I called the lady who gave me directions, which when I wrote them down, made very little sense even to me. Steve stayed with Lindley (since she was unhappy with everyone else) and Molly came over with her Sonic lunch and off we went. We went around the world to find the condo, only to park in the wrong parking area. We finally found the right place and Molly and Lady and I loaded all the bedroom furniture into the van. In a word, it was ridiculous. But it got loaded and unloaded back at our house (Maribeth is in Cuba and she can't move her stuff into her house for another few weeks).

So then Sam finished his meeting and came to collect Lindley, whom we thought perhaps needed a doctor check to make sure she didn't have an ear infection or some baby illness that was making her sad. Which he ended up doing, only to find out she has a bad cold. Figures - if he didn't take her, she would end up with perforated eardrums.

Anyhow, once they left, it was time to load the van with all the garage sale crap to take to Molly's house. Which we did, stopping only for the dude wanting to sell magazines in her neighborhood. He finally left, we unloaded the van, Steve brought Sonic Happy Hour drinks, I gassed up and returned the van, Molly went to the bank to get yard sale money and picked me up, we went back to her house, and Steve and I stopped by Wendy's on the way home. Where I had a few more nappettes.

Now it's time for bed because I have even more crazy stuff planned for the weekend. And that includes more nappettes!
=======================================================================
Today's blessings: Lindley time; picking up furniture with Molly

No comments: