Monday, March 21, 2011

A God Thing

Last night just before I dozed off, I mentioned to Steve that "if I overslept, then it meant I was skipping butt camp." It was a busy weekend, full of physicality (for me, anyway), and I thought that perhaps I would take today off.

This morning, I woke and looked at the clock - 4:30 am. I promptly turned over and went back to sleep. I vaguely heard Steve headed for the kitchen to make coffee. Soon I was off in dreamland - which I will tell you about:

Apparently in the dream, I was fresh out of counselor school, which I had gone to so I could counsel people (as in emotional therapy). The question was (and I'm not sure who asked it) how much was I going to charge. I started with some amount (but I don't remember what it was), then went down because I wasn't licensed yet (thank you, Lynnette for that subliminal contribution from yesterday), and then went down again until my price was $25 an hour, which in my dream seemed reasonable.

Anyhow, I was in my new house (I had apparently recently moved) in the living room with a group of people, maybe about seven. I could only identify two - Gregg (my childhood friend Pam's husband, whom I haven't seen in over 20 years) and a person that was a combination of several people - my cousins Susan and Kathy, and their mother Nancy, and Phyllis from The Office. At different times, they were one of those people (perhaps a multiple personality was going to be my first client?).

Well, I was talking with Susan/Kathy (they kept changing back and forth) of Susan/Kathy/Nancy/Phyllis. I was asking her/them about her/their mother (even though the mother Nancy was part of the bundle) and asking how the mother' death had affected them. At this point we were in my new bedroom which was very large. I was in a recliner and Susan/Kathy/Nancy/Phyllis (who was now all Phyllis) was about to let loose with some great revelation. But before she could spill her/their beans, Gregg came in and jumped over my recliner and bed to the microwave that was in the far left corner. He opened it and took out several pieces of pizza, which he put on a plate and jumped back over the furniture to leave the room. One of the other nondescript people was with him. Phyllis (of S/K/N/P) clammed up and wouldn't talk. Gregg seemed nonplussed about interrupting the counseling session and was more concerned about getting the pizza.

Then we were all in my living room, seated around the room in a variety of chairs - recliners, upholstered, straight - and looking at each other to talk.

So, apparently at this time, God had either witnessed enough of this dream, or decided that I did indeed need to go to butt camp, because Steve's alarm went off at 5:15 am. It is an IPOD clock radio contraption that has a variety of buttons and options, so the only way to turn the *#&%^ing thing off is to get up, walk around the bed, and push on some buttons until it goes off. According to my calculations, I had just enough time (thanks, God) to get dressed and ready and get out the door to be on time for butt camp. Which I did.

It's good to know that God is concerned about all of my life, even my getting to butt camp. I just wish I knew if Susan/Kathy/Nancy/Phyllis worked out her/their issues and and I got my $25!!
=======================================================================
Today's blessings: Monday butt camp with my buds; looking at Maribeth's potential house; swimming for 20 minutes (hey - it's a start); beautiful spring day; getting back with Spark people

2 comments:

pam said...

You are dreaming about my husband?! I'm going to dream-interpret that to mean....we should get together and catch up. Wouldn't that be great? I'll even bring the pizza to keep Gregg happily fed.

Luanne said...

Yeah - these menopausal dreams are quite a hoot! We will have to get together - of course I am enjoying facebook stalking you, and now reading your blog!