Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Vacation Goalage

I decided not to bring my existing various home projects with me on this vacation. In other words, no sewing machine or scrapbooking (if you can call it that) materials or paint or hammers, etc. The idea was to chill and relax and mellow out, man. So far none of that has actually happened. We are about to end our 3-day stint in resort #1 and move to our longer-term resort #2 tomorrow, where there will be more room for chillin'. Anyhoo, since I decided not to bring projects, I did feel the need to do something productive with my prolonged time off (off from what - I know). So, with that in mind, here are my beginning goals:

Goal #1. Getting back to preventing tooth decay. Right after my dentist visit, I am super vigilant about brushing and flossing. Then I fall off the wagon. Lately I've fallen off - way off and hard. But I am using this vacation to get back with the program. So far I have conscientiously brushed, flossed, and rinsed twice a day. Yay me (or my gums).

Now a word from our sponsor: For those of you who are religious about flossing - I confess and am trying to repent. For those of you who are as flossing lackadaisical as I am - you need to get with the program. For those of who who don't know what floss is - you need to get to a dentist - NOW!!

Goal #2. Exercise/walk daily. Since I am without my daily boot camp butt-kicking, I feel the need to do something. Especially since when I return to Nashville, Week 4 of this session of boot camp will be commencing, and it is the toughest. Sitting on my rather ample rear end is not going to be conducive to my survival of Week 4, if I don't do something. So far, I have walked two days (day one was spent trapped in a SUV getting here). As far as actual exercise, I am blaming that on the size of the room and the assorted suitcases and random junk that three people can bring with them (although I don't know why I needed all the clothes I packed, since I have basically been in the same clothes for two days). Anyhoo, I will keep walking and add some additional exercise and maybe some pool time beginning tomorrow.

Goal #3. Eat sensibly. Are you kidding me? I am in the Land of Frozen Mickey Bars!! I need to rethink this one, since I apparently did not come to Weight Watcher World. Maybe if I double up on Goal #2? Let's move on ...

Goal #4. Organize all my pictures on my computer. Geeze, if I only knew how ...

Goal #5. Redo my Ipod. Yep, right after that picture organization.

Maybe I should go eat a Mickey bar...
______________________________________________________________________
Today's blessings: early morning walk; MK-ing it with Maribeth and trading vinyls; housekeeper lady; dinner at WP with Steve

No comments: