Monday, January 24, 2011

10 Things I Have Yet To Accomplish in 2011

1. Lose weight. Even an ounce. Of course if might help if I could accomplish #2, which is:

2. Stick to a diet. Any diet. Well, except for the "eat it all" one that I am currently on. Certainly my current consumption of a chocolate milkshake a day isn't working.

3. Jog. Or wog. Or walk. In other words, I got confused with the "Couch to 5K" workout. Maybe I'm dyslexic and thought it was "5K to Couch."

4. Organize all my photos on my computer. I have folders and folders and folders, and copies of the same picture are probably in each folder. Lord help me if I ever have to find a specific photo - I may never find it.

5. Set a specific writing time in the morning. Instead, I wait until the evening when I can barely remember ... well, whatever it is I'm supposed to be remembering. Maybe it's the milkshake coma...

6. Clean the house. It just keeps getting dirty. I don't know why, and until I figure that out, I see no point in cleaning it. Lost cause, and all.

7. Read more books. Still trying to catch up on all the magazines that I have and haven't read. Of course, maybe if I'd stop reading magazines, maybe I'd have time to clean the house. Lemme go dig up that library card.

8. Watch less TV. I only turn on the TV during the day so I can have background noise while I clean the house. But then there's days like today, when Oprah told us about her new sister. Or Ellen is doing that hidden microphone thing with Dennis Quaid. Or there's an episode of Law and Order on that I've only seen seven times. Then it's milkshake time!!!

9. Go to the Y and swim laps. Between the non-jogging, the reading, the TV watching, and milkshake time, there is just no extra time in the day.

10. Become a better person. But then again, why mess with perfection?!
_____________________________________________________________________
Today's blessings: Monday butt camp; boiled shrimp/burgers for dinner; picking up Lindley from day care; Kathy Bates in "Harry's Law"

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

watched the News video of your Boot Camp- did they span to you when he said it's for ALL AGES? Maybe you were trying to hide, but I did spot you once. I've been wondering if you have watched Kathy B. on her new show- if she and Meryl Streep would co-star it would be my dream show :)