Sunday, November 21, 2010

Why I Hate Having A Cold

1. The nose thing. It runs then it doesn't. It stops up - sometimes on the left, sometimes on the right, sometimes on both sides. It leaks out of one side, then the other. Sneezes are non-productive, as is blowing the nose. Basically, the nose goes on vacation.

2. The teeth thing. Mine hurt. I think it's because my sinus cavities sit right on top of my teeth. Maybe my teeth are just ticked off because my nose went on vacation.

3. The lame coughing. Because it's just the common cold, there's very little coughing involved. Usually it's just a little, "Aheh, aheh." It's more like a backwards hiccup and very annoying. It would be much more satisfying to hack something substantial up. But then again, so would a good sneeze.

4. Drug controversy. Which one do I take? Is there one for a lame cold/sneeze/cough? Do I need the diphenhydrochlorotylaprin? Which one did I take the last time that seem to work? By the time I figure out which drug works, the cold is over, so did it really work?

5. The general ick feeling. Basically I don't want to talk to anybody or see anybody or acknowledge that there are other people in this world. I want to pass out on the couch and watch "Law and Order" for hours on end. If only I knew which was the "good drug."

So there you go. I have a cold and it stinks. At least I think it stinks - I really can't smell anything - my nose is on vacation!
__________________________________________________________________
Today's blessings: Brunch at the Factory with Molly, Sam, Lynnette, and Lindley; pedis with Molly; putting junk in storage; phone chatting with Maribeth

No comments: