Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Mug-less

Recently, while putting a mug away, I dropped it and it broke. It wasn't a big deal, except it was the sole remaining mug in a set of four that Steve and I received as a wedding present. Once it was broken, I had a choice - toss it or throw it out?

On one hand, it could be considered a "family heirloom." We have had it for over 30 years. Certainly it could used for something?

However, do I really need a broken mug to remind me of my married life? Can all those years be condensed into one piece of pottery?

I thought about it, and about Sam's new book. And in the end, I decided it was just a mug, a broken one at that, and certainly one thing I didn't need.
___________________________________________________________________
Today's blessings: Shopping at the MK and Pecos Bill's; picking up golf tourney credentials and shirts; lazy afternoon; dinner at Pepper Market with Steve

No comments: