Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Wholly Dawg Dookie

Yeah, that's my way of saying the obvious in a nice way. The wedding is in five days, and time is getting short.

The good news is that Lindley's outfit has been decided. The bad news is that my bargain basement dresses came in, and unless I want to look one of the dancing hippos in Fantasia, I need to find another dress.

Matt the Landscaper is busy in the backyard, making it beautiful (by the way, it is dark outside - he is so dedicated). The stump grinding man is coming by tomorrow to grind the remainder of the pine tree we had taken down in the front yard (now we have a bare patch). So, in other words, the yard seems to have possibilities.

However, the inside of the house is a different matter. Maribeth and I spent some time today trying to (a) hide, (b) disguise, or (c) make magically disappear, all of the clutter and disarray in the house. By this time, we thought Molly's house would be almost done and all of her stuff in my house would be gone. That's what we got for thinking. Molly's house is FAR from done, so I have lots of extra furniture and stuff. For instance, we put her guest mattress and box spring on top of another mattress and box spring - it sort of looks like the Princess and the Pea mattress. Oh well - it was better than just sitting up against the wall!

Anyhow, there is more house to clean, more lists to make, and lots of stuff to organize. People will start arriving tomorrow. The cleaning people will come on Thursday. Molly has a bad cold (and she's supposed to cook the cupcakes and cake). The Jeep died again (and it was supposed to be an extra vehicle for the weekend). Rambo got out and decided to try to attend the neighborhood elementary school (and my helper for the day, Maribeth, had to go across town to pick him up from the mommy who picked him up at school and took him to her house).

I started the day with boot camp, which was bad because of residual soreness from doing a half-marathon, but good so I could justify the therapy Milky Way bar that I ate a few hours later.

Tomorrow is crunch day. I have to finish picking up the inside of the house and complete the other million tasks that we know of - and hope the tasks we don't know about enter our brains so we will know about them.

Now what day of fun is this?
______________________________________________________________________
Today's blessings: Sweet words from my boot-ies; Sonic bfast with sickly Molly; nice AAA tow truck driver; nice tile dude and son; scheduled stump grinding (for me) and tree trimming (for Molly); getting the house a little together; staining the garage sale chair; race photos

No comments: