Thursday, September 30, 2010

Ten Days of October Fun Begins

It is either 9:41 pm or 10:41 pm, depending on which time zone you are in. I am in the 10:41 pm one, although I am normally in the other. I have been up since 5 am, which is early in any time zone. However, since today begins the Ten Days of Fun, I guess every hour is fun.

I am in Disney World with family. We are here for a variety of reasons - some fun, some family time, a 5K/half-marathon/half-marathon relay, and some serious eating. But mostly we're here because it's Lindley's First Visit. I mean, she's already almost nine months old and has not met Mickey Mouse!!

Anyhow, because I am tired and desperately in need of a shower, I thought I would start by introducing our cast of characters for the weekend (yes - the 10 days do not all happen in The Happiest Place on Earth - unless you count Springdoik, our house on Crestridge Drive as The Happiest Place).

First, there's Granny Lu and PawPaw. We were the first to arrive, and PawPaw went to the pool while Granny Lu went to Publix.

Next to arrive were Grandmom and Granddad Ogle. They came from Ft. Worth, and were incommunicado for awhile. Their exact whereabouts where unknown until they descended the steps of the Magical Express. I think there's a lesson to be learned there.

Thirty minutes later, the Magical Express spit out Ann, Lindley's diaper dash coach (more about that tomorrow). We are forcing a Davidson Disney experience on her - from which recovery is uncertain.

Twenty minutes later, the Magical Express plopped out Maribeth, who has just finished up her stint at Yellowstone, and who admittedly was "a hot mess." Some things one just does not inquire about. She is certain she packed enough underwear, but other wardrobe parts are questionable. Maybe she will find me a dress to wear to her wedding while she is out buying whatevers.

Finally, after dinner by all the above at Wolfgang Puck Express, Sam, Lynnette, Lindley, and Molly arrived via Avis Rent-a-car. Lindley had no pants on, just a headband, shirt, and diaper. Clearly she and Maribeth planned their packing together.

Everyone is in place, albeit a change of rooms which means I am now Lynnette, Steve is now Sam, and Sam and Lynnette are whichever of us they choose. Molly, Maribeth, and Ann are drawing straws as to who sleeps with whom, and Granddad and Grandmom are figuring out how to disappear tomorrow - with Lindley in tow.

I am off for a shower, because I certainly want to be fresh for tomorrow. The good news is I have clean clothes - all of them!
______________________________________________________________________
Today's blessings: safe flight from Nashville; van availability; 5 Guys burgers with Steve; room ready upon check-in; checking in everyone as they arrived; Fantasmic with Ann

No comments: