Saturday, September 18, 2010

Butt Camp - Part Quad - The Sum of It All


By now you might be asking,
"Why do you do this? It would appear that you are not the star butt camper. It would also appear that you are putting your life (and the lives of your boot-ies) at risk. And we won't even get into your outfits."
You would not be remiss in asking - I ask myself the same questions nearly every morning before I arrive at butt camp. Luckily for me, my brain is too asleep to answer the questions with actions. So, I continue to go to boot camp and attempt the maneuvers and sweat copious amounts of fluids.

Therefore, in order to explain myself, I shall summarize why I butt camp, even though sometimes we all are wondering why:

1. My boot-ies. They are my pals, my inspirations, my affirmations, my partners, my encouragers, and my teammates. Through them, I see what I can be and what I have become. Because of them, I continue to try a teeny bit harder and push myself a eensy-weensy bit further. I am blessed by them and learn from them. Just like finding muscles I never knew existed, I find friends I might never have met. They are the bonus I never anticipated.

2. My body. Yes, it hurts sometimes and revolts sometimes and quits sometimes. It's still not in the shape I desire. But I know it's in a better place and hope springs eternal that with continued work (and getting that eating thing under control), I will eventually find that shape. I believe that I am better than I was, and will be better with every session. With every gasp of breath during the 7-minute run, with every struggle to lift that weight, and with every push to complete that set of whatevers, I know I am one step closer to my goal.

3. My attitude. Yes, it sucks from the time my feet hit the floor at 5AM. But it gets better every minute until 6:45 - then my attitude is stellar (and butt camp is over). I am proud of myself for being at butt camp and trying. My brain is a little sharper and I know I've started my day in a positive way. I feel good and am glad to be a butt-er.

So there you have it. Nashville Adventure Boot Camp is early (although I could go to the evening class), it is sweaty (thank goodness for extra-super-duper deodorant), it is challenging (and that would start with my getting out of bed), it is exhausting (which I understand means I am making progress), it is rewarding (better body, good friends, AND a t-shirt at the end of the session), and it is worth every sweaty, straining, struggling, successful moment.

Welcome to the World of Wonder Women!
_________________________________________________________________________
Today's blessings: Garage-sale-ing with Molly; chicken taco salad from Las Palmas for lunch; afternoon visit from Lindley, Lynnette, and Sam; pedi flip flop bargains from Old Navy

No comments: