Monday, August 23, 2010

Senior Moments

It's not enough that I own enough reading glasses to stock Eye Masters - I can never find a pair when I need them. I can only find the six pair in a pile that I left in the same spot - nowhere near any of my reading spots.

It's not enough that I have a bright red wallet that anyone can spot a mile away. It's always somewhere it shouldn't be, namely anywhere I can't find it.

It's not enough that I have a fancy cell phone (for me, anyway). I can never find it either, and can't call myself to find it since we don't have a house phone. I just have to periodically wander around the house, hoping someone will call and thereby alert me to the whereabouts of my phone.

But today seemed to be the epitome of senior moments. I had finished business in the reading room (aka throne room, john, loo, toity), stood up, and proceeded to attempt to flush the toilet - by flipping the light switch.

At least there was a pair of readers in there.
___________________________________________________________________
Things that make today great: Monday boot camp and partner Shondra; hair trim with Allyson at CGs; chatting with the drywall and siding dudes at Molly's; picking up Lynnette at the airport; sliders and salad bar at Ruby Tuesdays

No comments: