Wednesday, August 18, 2010

No, This One!

While channel surfing tonight, looking for something to veg on, I came across Npt. "Live From Lincoln Center" was presenting "South Pacific." I love the music, so I decided to watch. It has been a delight.

The show started with the overture. I'd hum along with the songs I remembered. Once the show started, I listened as each song was performed by the actors. I decided that whatever song was being sung, that one was my favorite - at least until the next song was sung. In short, I love them all, and my favorite is whichever one is currently being sung.

I guess that's the way it is with favorites. Favorites change, sometimes quite quickly. Does it mean that the current favorite is of any less value when replaced with the new current favorite? I don't think so - it just means you're living in the moment, and for this moment this one is your favorite.
___________________________________________________________________
Things that make today great: Chatting with Maribeth; rainy day


No comments: