Friday, August 20, 2010

Impossible Ridiculous?

So here was the situation. Molly has just about all her household stuff in two storage units because her house is getting torn apart and remodeled. At some point, I decided that I wanted to use a desk that was in storage. The other day we went to the storage units to look for some DVDs, but couldn't find the box because it was behind the dresser that was stacked on top of the desired desk. I figured that I would not be able to get the desk until Molly's house was finished.

This weekend Steve and Molly are in Orlando, which means I have non-judgmental use of the Sequoia for my projects. I also have fewer people around who will tell me my plan is ridiculous/impossible - not that I would be sharing my intentions. So, of course I decide to go by myself and get the desk.

It wasn't too hard - just unload some boxes, pull the dresser off the desk, pull the desk out, put the dresser and boxes back inside the storage unit, put the desk in the car, take the desk out at home, and get the desk inside to its resting place in the living room. No problem.

The question is, what made this task ridiculous or impossible? The task or the opinion of anyone who had no desire or intention to be a part of the task? Would the task be ridiculous/impossible if I had not succeeded?

There are many things I want to do in my life. Many of them seem impossible. Many of them seem ridiculous. I guess the only way I'll ever know if they are, is if I get out there and try. For today, my desk adventure was neither - it was a success. Now what shall I tackle next?
_____________________________________________________________________
Things that make today great: BSC with Lindley; getting desk out of storage and into house; taking Steve and Molly to airport; Friday boot camp; checking on Rambo and Blackie

No comments: