Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Where In The World Is Luanne?

I am in the Kingdom of Animals, deep in the World of Disney. Tomorrow when I wake up, I hope to see giraffes from my balcony. I've already seen zebra and some antelope. There are probably even more outside, but I am too tired to go explore for tonight.

I am here to do the Expedition Everest - an event consisting of a 5k (for which I have not trained), an obstacle course (on which I plan to break a hip), and a scavenger hunt (which should be ridiculous for me to complete). During last year's race, the weather turned stormy, we got soaking wet, my camera died from drowning, and the race ended up being cancelled. But I got my medal, so all was good.

Tomorrow morning I plan to sleep in, which means I will probably wake up at 5 am, unable to fall back asleep. I guess I could go to the fitness center in the spirit of boot camp, but we'll just have to play that one by ear. Maybe if I get lost in the lion's den ...

Anyhow, so there you have it. I am on vacation to wear myself out. Isn't that what vacays are for?
__________________________________________________________________
Things that make today great: Meeting with the windows guy, Jason, and Christian at Molly's remodel; safe, smooth flight; chicken at Mara; outlet shopping (Linders needed a new outfit); riding around with Steve

2 comments:

Kat said...

The 5k is on Saturday? We'll be at the Caribbean Beach Resort from Friday night until Sunday. Jess turns 4 on Friday (wah!) and we (ok, I) opted for an Orlando weekend over a birthday party.

Rachel did her first 5k (with Craig) on Sunday. They just walked but she loved it... especially running across the finish line ahead of Daddy at the end to get the better time :-). I bet she'd do a 5k with you at DW some time!

Luanne said...

Yay Rachel!!! And Happy Birthday Jessica!!!

The 5K is at 8:30 AT NIGHT (my usual bedtime) and also involves an obstacle course (which provides comedy for those behind me - and there aren't many of those). But it is all in the Animal Kingdom, so it's fun.

So, check out the Wine and Dine (http://espnwwos.disney.go.com/events/endurance/wine-and-dine-half-marathon/) and the Princess Half Marathon (http://espnwwos.disney.go.com/events/endurance/princess-half-marathon/) - both have 5Ks and kids races. Lindley is doing the diaper dash in the Wine and Dine! The Princess is SOOO much fun! The 5K at the Wine and Dine actually runs through the Magic Kingdom, and the 5K at the Princess goes through Epcot. Tell Rachel (and all of the rest of you) that I'll be waiting for you at the start line!!