Sunday, June 6, 2010

Travel Weekend #3

I'm back from a fun weekend in New York City with family. We saw plays, we shopped, we ate, and we talked and laughed. It was great!

But it's nice to be back home - well, for a little while, anyway. I'll be out again this weekend, hopefully for a mini-vacation at "you know where." More on that later.

This is the third weekend in a row to be gone from home. Maybe because I'm getting older, it's just as nice to return home as to be going away on a trip. Which makes the whole "getting away" a little perplexing. Why go if it's so great to come home?

I don't know. I love going and doing, and I love coming home and doing nothing. I guess it's not important to figure it out - it's just important to enjoy where you are.

For me, I'm here now. At least until Wednesday, when I leave again!
_________________________________________________________________
Things that make today great: brunch with the family in Rachel's neighborhood; seeing Rachel's great apartment; shopping and riding with subway with Molly; safe, smooth flight; sleeping in my own bed

No comments: