Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Daddy And The Chainsaw

Ode To My Chainsaw

Today was the day
I defied my dad;
I bought the chainsaw
I never had.

I asked him once
To borrow his saw;
He refused to lend it
What a stingy paw!

He said I needed
Some steel-toed shoes;
He obviously thought
I had toes to lose.

Instead he gave me
A rusty hand saw;
For me that was nearly
The very last straw.

I was over 30 years old
And had a little sense;
This chainsaw dilemma
Was making me quite tense.

So I waited my time
But I knew one day,
I'd get my own chainsaw
And see what he'd say.

Well Daddy went to Heaven
And five years later,
I finally got my chainsaw
With teeth like a gator.

Maybe up where he is,
Daddy will stifle a guffaw,
And find a toe-protecting angel
For his daughter with a saw.

___________________________________________________________________
Things that make today great: Taking Steve to the airport; Hiller water checkup man; new chain saw; dinner with Molly, Lynnette, Lindley, and Sarah; getting errands done; chatting with MB; season finales of Biggest Loser and Dancing With The Stars

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

I think it is wise that you waited for the chainsaw until you were done with PMS.