Monday, April 26, 2010

Well, It Started Off Decently ...

... for a Monday, that is. I started a new session of boot camp joined by Molly and Tammy. Although it was a tough first day (since I basically eat junk and veg on the couch during the week off), I got through it and met a few new people.

After that, I came home, had my post-camp chocolate milk, and fixed my breakfast of brown rice, spinach, and Mickey nuggets (okay, so maybe that wasn't the best protein source). Anyhoo, I checked my email and found a nice comment on my blog. I made an appointment to get my car's oil changed and called the roofers yet again to try to get the problem spot fixed. I confirmed flights and hotel reservations for our NYC trip in June.

Then it went a little awry. Here's why:

Maggie the Cat apparently prefers indoor bathroom use rather than use the great outdoors when she is roaming around. Hence, we have to utilize the lovely litter box. Over the years we have tried every litterbox known to cats (well, except the ones that teach cats to use the human toilet - since all our cats have brains the size of a pea, that alternative was out). Our current litter box is one that you roll and the offending parts get rolled into a "take-out" tray that you empty. The problem is that the cat still tracks litter all over the floor.

So, I decided a few months ago to go back to the electric one that scoops the poop and deposits it into a plastic bin. Once the bin is full, you dispose of the ick. I bought one when it was on sale. The only problem is that the litter is out on display, not hidden like in the rolly bin.

So, I decided to create a hidey place in which to put the new litter box. I had seen several used with IKEA products. When Maribeth was in Atlanta recently, she picked up a piece that I thought would fill the bill.

After my other successes today, I started on my project. I cut a hole in one end for the cat to enter. I screwed in brackets to give support to the part I cut out, adding gorilla glue to boot. I assembled the structure. All was a go, until I unpacked the new litter box to place in the new kitty bathroom.

It didn't fit. It was too big.

So, now I have a new litter box that I can't return because it's been so long since I bought it, I neither have a receipt or even remember where I bought it. I have a litter box contraption that has a hole in one end with metal braces on it. I have a rolly litter box that needs new litter. And I have a cat that is going to start making deposits on the carpet if I don't get this thing rectified.

It was all just too much to deal with, so I spent the rest of the day eating yucky leftovers from the frig and watching Law and Order. So, in addition to a headache, I also got a stomachache.

At least my litter box flushes!
__________________________________________________________________
Things that make today great: getting a lot of stuff accomplished; new ladies at boot camp

No comments: