Thursday, March 18, 2010

One Way To Look At The Day

Today started off with an hour of picking and poking and lecturing about gingivitis and bacteria by the dental technician. It ended with fortifying the fence so Molly's new dog Rambo won't escape. In between, I missed the breakfast shift at McDonald's by two minutes thus denying Molly her bacon/egg/cheese biscuit, Lindley power-pooped through a diaper through a sleeper through a blanket onto my $8 sweater from Target, and I bit my tongue. I also ran the dishwasher, took out the trash, and aided the ill, among other things.

One might think that all these things would make it a downer day. But I would rather think of these events as affirmations of the blessings I have. I have all my own teeth, a new grand-dog, a granddaughter with healthy elimination, the money to be able to eat breakfast (if I get there when it's served), and a house with a dishwasher and back door trash pickup.

It's all in how you view things, especially if you view them with a thankful eye.
__________________________________________________________________
Things that make today great: Lindley time with Molly; Molly and Lindley's closet; good dental checkup; porch time with Lindley; Rambo coming home; fixing fence with Molly and Rambo; Maribeth getting heating pad for Steve and added treats

No comments: