Wednesday, March 3, 2010

On The Road Again

Due to some random brain fart, Molly and I decided to drive to Orlando tomorrow. In an effort to make sense of it, I decided to come up with the Top Ten Reasons We Are Road-Trippin' to The Mouse:

1. We are saving $800 in airfare. Hopefully that will cover the cost of the therapy we will need upon our return.

2. We are saving $200 on a rental car. That means $200 more of Disney World crap we can purchase.

3. IKEA is in Orlando, which means we can get stuff. And if we need more IKEA stuff, we can stop on the way in Atlanta. Now, it's just a question of which Toyota to take - the Prius, the Camry, or the Sequoia.

4. Four words - full sized personal products. None of this 3-1-1 clear bag stuff. None of this "what kind of shampoo is this?" None of this "what do you mean, you don't furnish conditioner?" None of this "maybe I can make this teensy bottle last five days."

5. No flying in airplanes for me - 'nuf said.

6. Twelve hours of mother-daughter bonding. Yeah, you know you wish you had this chance. Maybe Molly will explain my phone to me. Or facebook. Or my computer. The possibilities are endless!!

7. The opportunity to appreciate flying in airplanes. For Molly, not me.

8. The probability of getting lost somewhere looking for a Starbucks in rural Tennessee/Georgia/Florida. It's happened before. Maybe I need to figure out my GPS thingy.

9. The possibility of finding boiled peanuts along the road. And goats milk fudge. And gator jerky. Beats a pack of peanuts.

10. But the real reason is: two words - brain fart.
___________________________________________________________________
Things that make today great: Finishing Lindley's daybed cover; lunch with the Ls and Ms; an hour with Jeremiah at Massage Envy; mailing packages and monogramming bags

No comments: