Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Calling In The Experts

Today I went to a plant nursery with Matt the Landscaper. He is currently rehabbing my yard, pulling out the grody stuff and putting in new stuff. We went to the nursery together so that I could see what he proposed to put in my yard, even though I told him it really didn't matter.

When we got there, he went into the office to get a plant dude to help us, even though Matt had a good idea of what we were after. Plant Dude took us in various greenhouses to find plants that liked shade, and then outside to find plants that liked sun. Frankly, they all had green leaves and stems, so basically I just picked out the stuff Matt and PD said would work.

If it were left up to me, I'm probably just pick out things with pretty flowers, which is probably why about 93% of the flowers I planted last year died the week after I planted them - thus the call to Matt this year. I need an expert to make my yard look good. Matt got an expert when we got to the nursery - guess he wanted another expert.

Guess that's also why I don't count on my self to exercise and go to class led by Josh, the boot camp expert. I also don't try to draw my own blood to donate, or drill my own teeth, or even paint my own toenails. I need experts for all those things.

The big question though, is this: with all the experts I use, it would seem that everybody is an expert at something. So what is my field of expertise? Where am I an expert? I guess I'd better find out, because there's somebody out there waiting for me to help!
___________________________________________________________________
Things that make today great: BSC with Lindley and Molly; picking out plants with Matt; Steve making Bubba burgers on the grill

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Your expertise? All things Disney- vacations, cruises, back lot tours, best restaurants, best Diz crap to buy, etc.