Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Hope in Reality

After last night's episode of "Hoarders," I thought "reality" tv had reached its lowest point. That is, until tonight's episode of "Teen Mom" on MTV. What could have been an informative program for and about real teen moms is instead an insipid dose of stupidity and horrible acting. It has given me a headache.

So why am I continuing to watch it? Because I keep hoping that something will happen that will make it worth watching. But so far, nothing, and I don't think it's going to happen.

But I guess that may be the only part that is true reality - the hope that by sticking with something, it will get better. The diet will yield lost weight, the exercise will tone muscles, and daily quiet time will create harmony. The reality is that there can always be hope.

Well, everything except for this inane piece of television.
____________________________________________________________________
Things that make today great: delivery from Perform Better; car business with Sam and Molly; Sloppy Joe dinner with Maribeth, Mathieu, Lynnette, Sam, and Molly

No comments: