Monday, December 14, 2009

yay. it's monday...

Before boot camp this morning, I wasn't sure I could make it. Sure, that's the way I feel most mornings before boot camp, but today was a tiny bit different. I just didn't feel "with it." But I went anyway, hoping that something would kick into gear. It didn't.

I huffed and puffed my way through most of the exercises. However, when it came to the partner drills, due to the odd number of ladies present, I was left without a partner. Or, my partner became our drill instructor, Mr. Josh. Basically, that meant that when we did the part where one partner gets the band and wraps it around the other partner and the one harnessed gets to sprint or lunge or side-shuffle or whatever gosh-awful exercise, my partner was Mr. Physically Fit Josh. It was not pretty. First of all, when partnered with another lady, we tend to be a little easy. Second, Josh is a heavier than any of the ladies, with the heavier part being pure muscle. Third, I should have just tried pulling a Mack truck. Needless to say, at some point I thought I was going to pass out or throw up - either of which would have been preferable because maybe then I could have excused myself to return to my bed at home.

But after a few dozen water breaks, and slow walks around the gym, and sitting on the floor, and trying to explain through the pants of breaths and the heaving of my chest, I managed to semi-complete some of the exercises. The best part was my return home, where I had a piece of cheese toast and a nap.

Later on, because the rain and cold weather has temporarily gone (until tomorrow anyhow) I decided it would be a good day to clean up the flower beds. I purchased Molly's assistance with the cleanup and guilted Maribeth into bringing us lunch and drinks from Sonic. After my yard was done, we caravanned to Molly's house where we clean out the planter. Finally finished with my landscaping, I showered and made/changed January hotel /flight reservations for the Disney half marathon. I finished my day with Sloppy Joes - a seldom had but really delicious dinner treat.

So it looks like I've made a good start on the week. In fact, I think I deserve a day off tomorrow. Wonder if I can just call in boot camp?
_________________________________________________________________
Things that made today great: Making it through boot camp (barely); yard cleanup; Molly's help; Maribeth's lunch/drink delivery; reservation changes; hot shower; sloppy joe dinner

No comments: