Monday, December 28, 2009

Slowerdown to Gitterdun

Today I had a few sewing projects to complete. Basically, it was sewing a bunch of seams (and that's pretty much the extent of my sewing expertise). I ran into a problem because the bobbin thread kept breaking. I would sew a few inches, then notice that there was no stitching. After several starts and stops, I was getting a bit frustrated.

But then I decided to slow down my pace on the sewing machine and it worked - the thread stopped breaking and I got all my projects completed. All I had to do was not get in a rush and try to do it as fast as possible.

I guess that's my lesson for today - to slow down those things that need it. Being fast isn't always the ideal situation. Sometimes by slowing down and taking your time, you get things accomplished. And in the end, that was all you really wanted to do anyhow.
____________________________________________________________________
Things that make today great: Sewing curtains for Sam, Lynnette, and Lindley; slawdogs for lunch with Sam; Sam and Lynnette's new countertops; family news of returning home after vacations

1 comment:

Maribeth said...

Sam, Sam, Sam. We get that he's your favorite.