Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Conundrums

Today the sun finally came out of hiding - I guess it wasn't a fan of all the recent rain, either. Although the weather was a little chilly, I thought it would be a great day to trim all the outside bushes and dead plants, etc., so the trimmings could be picked up by the chipper trucks.

So imagine my sadness when before I had even begun, I saw the chipper trucks on our street. That means that they won't be back until January, and anything that I clip off won't be chipped for a month. Needless to say, I opted out of doing anything in the yard so I wouldn't have a pile of rubbish on the side of the street for the next four weeks.

So, was it good or bad luck that today was chipper day? Bad luck because my yard didn't get tidied, or good luck because I didn't have to tidy it?

As for me, I don't know. I'm still trying to figure out which came first - the chicken or the egg!
__________________________________________________________________
Things that make today great: Lunch with the Ms; Molly's crawl space workers; Ruby's dinner with Steve and Maribeth; Marilyn's new wiper blades; two miles in the 'hood

No comments: