Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Time vs Age

Last Thursday I went from Tennessee Central Time Zone to California Pacific Time Zone, gaining (or losing?) two hours. I got up the next morning at 4 am, which was really 6 am to my body. For the next three days, I got up at 5 am and was sound asleep by 7 pm every night. I capped off the weekend by taking a redeye flight to Orlando, Florida, aka Eastern Time Zone. Even though the flight was only four and a half hours, I landed seven hours later, with very little sleep. Mix in some daylight savings time where it's dark by 5 pm, and I'm a mess. I've spent the last few days trying to convince my body that it's okay to sleep, with varying degrees of success.

The good news is that on Saturday, I shall be returning to Tennessee and good ole' Central Time. Now, can anybody tell me if all the time changes made me younger or older?
__________________________________________________________________
Things that make today great: Maribeth, Sam, and Lynnette flying in for Thanksgiving; brief stay at Hilton suite; Goodings/Winn Dixie experience with Molly

No comments: