Saturday, October 3, 2009

Why I Hate Lessons

Today I decided to get on with my training for the Breast Cancer 3-Day Walk. I am behind in my training, mainly because (a) I haven't wanted to do it, (b) I hoped that doing two half-marathons in August and September made up for my lack of training, (c) my former training partner is preggers, and (d) my other training partner lives in Baltimore. Since the event is only 50 days out, I knew that I had better get my rear in gear.

Today's plan was to walk 10 or 12 or 15 miles. I did 8. I started later in the morning and ran out of steam. But it was a lesson that reminded me to get with the training schedule or (a) risk catching the sag wagon (something Lynnette and I took a vow never to do, although I think Marilyn has a different philosophy), (b) have my legs turn to noodles and my feet turn into one huge blister, and (c) turn an otherwise awesome event into a loathsome pity party.

And that is why I hate lessons - they don't really teach me anything I don't already know - they just kick my butt into doing what I should be doing anyway.
_______________________________________________________________
Things that make today great: 8 mile walk; Steve walking the first mile with me; Steve trimming the shrubs; beautiful fall day; rearranging the Disney room; Lucy's new apartment pics and Lindley baby clothes pics; chatting with Sam; MB's funfetti cake

No comments: