Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Singing Loud and Proud

This morning I took Sam's car to the dealer for an oil change and a recall repair. Molly was coming to pick me up, so I decided to walk to our designated meeting spot. Part of the route goes through a tunnel. While I was walking in the tunnel, I decided to start singing - as loud as I could. With all the cars passing through, there was little chance of anyone hearing me - or calling the looney patrol to come and pick me up.

I am not a professional singer. I'm not even an amateur singer. But today that didn't matter because I decided I would just sing my heart out. I did and it felt great.

So what did I learn? That sometimes it's good to go all out. That sometimes you can do things that you wouldn't normally do - it just has to be the right time and place. That sometimes it's fun to do the unexpected and do it in a big way. That just because it looks crazy, it's not always so.

So do something big. Sing, dance, scream, laugh - whatever strikes your fancy. Do it loud and big. And then be glad and proud that you did it.
_____________________________________________________________________
Things that make today great: Sharon and Karen at boot camp; walking to Molly-pickup after car dropoff; first time driving Pretty Pretty Prius; picking up Lynnette at airport; chatting with magazine sellers

2 comments:

emily g said...

What did you sing?

Luanne said...

I have no idea!! Except maybe that it was Disney. I can't sing and remember both!!