Thursday, October 29, 2009

October's 100 Things

Okay, so this one took me awhile. Every month I have been getting rid of 100 things. This month I decided to get rid of 100 "utility" things. Utility things are the things you have that help you do other stuff - tools, organizational things, paint, etc. I thought this would be pretty easy, but after several previous "clean outs," I found it a bit difficult.

Anyhow, after a few weeks, I finally arrived at my 100 things. Sam's having a yard sale in a few weeks, so I have a good place to deposit those tools I got for that one project and haven't used since, the plastic bins I had just in case I needed them one day, the endless doo-dads that have been sitting waiting for a reason to exist, and several items that I don't even really know what they are. Hopefully someone will find the use in them and take them home.

This monthly project has been a real lesson in what is needed and what isn't. I'm always thinking that I need to save something because I might need it, instead of getting what I need when I need it. The result has been a bunch of stuff sitting around just gathering dust (which I have plenty of).

It's pretty neat to realize how much stuff you don't need. The important thing I've learned this month is how much you won't need - so quit hanging on to it!
___________________________________________________________________
Things that make today great: Costco-ing with Molly; sweet Maggie cuddles; sleeping off a sinus headache; beautiful fall leaves; "Little House" at TPAC with Emily

No comments: