Thursday, October 15, 2009

Just Do It

This morning it was a little cool outside. It was also raining a lot. I was a little sleepy and stiff at 5 am. Put all those things together, and you have a recipe for staying in bed. However, I also had boot camp at 5:45. That's when the struggle between bed and boot began.

After much discussion back and forth between me and myself, I finally decided to go. I got wet but I went. Apparently there were many who decided on bed, because there were only six of us in camp. We ran and jumped rope and lifted weights and all kinds of horrible things like that. But once it was over and I had some food and a morning nap, it all seemed like a good thing.

This afternoon I went to Petsmart to get seafood cat food because Grayson and Maggie have not been too pleased with the current chicken and meat selections. While I was there, I also bought a few other things. When I checked out, I thought the total seemed a little less than I was expecting. After loading the stuff into the car, I looked over my sales receipt. I noticed that instead of charging me for 24 cans of food, I was only charged for one. I took the cart back and debated on whether I should go in and alert the clerk to her mistake. I knew what I needed to do and went in and straightened it all out.

So the moral of today's story is to do the right thing when you know you should. Don't think about it, or try to rationalize it, or convince yourself that you should. You know it should be done - so just do it.
________________________________________________________________
Things that make today great: Intimate boot camp group and nice remark from fellow booter; lunch and Costco stuff via Molly; new Disney half marathon announcement; JAlex with Sam, Maribeth, Lynnette, and Molly; watching the balloon boy incident; Petsmart shopping; race pics

No comments: