Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Why I Watch Toddlers and Tiaras on TLC

1. My mothering looks functional compared to some of the doozies on this show.

2. Potential names for future granddaughter - tonight brought us Sparkal Queenz

3. Realization that there are some things that my children (daughters AND son) didn't do - THANK GOODNESS

4. Realization that as foolishly as I sometimes spend money, there are lots more foolish things to spend it on - like thousands of dollars for one pageant dress for a two year old.

5. Future career - pageant director - I couldn't be any more inept than some of the nutcases on this show

6. Observe new species of humanity - like the Pageant Dad

7. Educational aspect of learning new words - like flipper and glitz

8. Learn new makeup tips - as applied to four year old faces

9. Ascertain the secret of successful pageant performance - flavored sugar in giant pixie stix

10. Economics lesson - how to invest thousands and receive a plastic crown, yet write it off to "raising my child's self esteem" - HAVE YOU HEARD OF THERAPY, PEOPLE?

Yes, I learn lots from this show - isn't that why it's on The Learning Channel?
______________________________________________________________________
Gifts that make today special: Disney trip planning; talking with Jennifer; Witt and fire engines; cleaning the sun room

No comments: