Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Memorabilia

Today as I was clearing out some of the residual clutter from the attic, I called Molly to see if she wanted her "memory box." This is basically a large tub that contains papers and other odds and ends from her childhood. Sam had gone through his a few years ago, and I wondered if Molly was interested in taking possession of hers.

Luckily for me, she was. She went though some of it, entertaining me with her early journals - where I weighed anywhere from 55 to 290 pounds (neither of which was accurate - really). She got rid of some things and kept others. I fell asleep on the couch, and she took the rest to her house.

There were many things in her box that reminded us of when she was little. Memories that she didn't remember, but Maribeth and I did. Memories that I don't remember, but Molly is adamant about being accurate. Memories of a little girl now grown up into a woman.

It's now time that she take her memory box with her as she makes her own grown-up life. But that's the good thing about growing up and leaving home - while you take your memories with you, they always manage to stay back home, too.
_____________________________________________________________________
Things that make today special: Pei Wei lunch delivery by Molly; catching up on lack of sleep; all-day pjs from Maribeth; clearing out a bit of clutter

No comments: