Sunday, August 2, 2009

Tidying the Toity

Guess where August's 100 Things came from!! Correct - from the two bathrooms downstairs. I know one might wonder how could I possibly find 100 things to dispose of in two little bathrooms, but I did.

Much of it was small bottles of shampoo, etc., that I had brought back from hotels, expos, and just about anywhere that gave them out. Years of penny-pinching developed habits of taking anything free. I bagged all the little bottles to donate them to a local shelter, hopefully also bagging that habit of adding clutter to my bathroom.

I went through all the various bottles, noting expiration dates. Many were tossed due to expirations dating back to 2007! There were other things that were obviously past their prime, even though there was no actual expiration date on them.

I boxed all the things I never use anymore. Waiting for a future garage sale are an extra curling iron, regular curlers, hot rollers, and a few other select "beauty appliances." Rather than wait to see if I might use these things, I'm sending them on to someone who definitely will use them.

The rest of the 100 Things were odds and ends and just general stuff that wasn't being used. It was time to clear and clean it out, and I did.

Of all the 100 Things Projects that I've completed so far this year, this probably yielded the smallest mass of stuff. But it cleaned out a smaller area. It also helps to recognize what is actually used and therefore needed. Hopefully it will help when I go to obtain the next bathroom-related item.

In the end, I have a less-cluttered bathroom. I got rid of 100 more things and am slowly learning how much I don't need, in every aspect of my life!

No comments: