Thursday, August 6, 2009

Opie

Opie was the only real family dog we've ever had. She was named Oprah for obvious reasons, but always went by Opie.

Opie was a little bit neurotic and her mission in life was to chase and retrieve balls. Over the years, arthritis set in and age began to take its toll.

I was there when Maribeth and I picked her up from the Humane Society 15 years ago. Today, I was there holding her when she finished her ball-chasing days on this earth.

She was our Opie and she was loved.

And that's all I have to say about that.

2 comments:

emily g said...

I'm so sorry.

Luanne said...

Thanks Emily. It was one of those bittersweet days that fortify my belief in God and Heaven. I have to believe that some of God's creations must have another existence out there. There's simply too much love involved to be relegated to the confines of this Earth.