Thursday, August 13, 2009

The Gray of It All

Today as I sat in Allyson's chair, she told me that I hadn't had my hair done since March. As if one look in the mirror couldn't attest to that! I knew it had been awhile, but five months?!

I've been letting my hair grow out, partly due to laziness and distraction, but also because I'm tired of trying to work with the gray by putting in highlights and low lights and any lights in between. My plan was to let the gray grow and then cut my hair short, thereby cutting off most of the yeller (that's color #4458).

Anyhow, during the past few days, my hair has simply gotten out of control. Molly said my "fro" was getting in her face today as she was trying to show me some pictures on her laptop. Luckily, I had an appointment at lunch, met with Allyson, and decided to follow my plan. The gray grow-outs stayed and much of the rest got cut.

I'm not sure if I'm going to like having so much gray. especially since Webster's describes gray as being old and aged. But it will be nice not to have to bother with color and save a little money. Besides, maybe there really is a good reason to have gray hair!

2 comments:

emily g said...

Pictures?

Marilyn said...

Welcome to the natural side of life.