Sunday, June 28, 2009

Just A Carriage Ride To The Rest of Your Life

Today as I was walking the grounds of the Grand Floridian, I happened upon a rare experience. Cinderella's coach, coachmen, and horses came past, presumably to pick up a bride for her wedding at the Wedding Pavilion. It would be a carriage ride to begin the rest of her life. It was really neat to be able to see it.

But then I thought of something else. I imagined that Heaven could be like these grounds, green and beautiful and lots of people milling around. But then we all stop as the Welcoming Carriage comes past. We're all excited, wondering who will be coming today? And when those doors are opened, we're all laughing and crying and hugging, because another loved one has joined us in Heaven. But better yet, imagine the day that we're in that carriage, and welcomed by our Heavenly Father and family into our eternal home.

Just a thought for a beautiful Sunday in June.

1 comment:

emily g said...

Its hard to imagine that Heaven will be even better than DW isn't it? I'm not ready to get in line for the next carriage, but I do believe it will be a wonderful ride!