Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Hello, My Name Is Luanne and I'm A Pushover

This morning as I was moving plants and placing bricks in the backyard, I noticed a gray kitty on my driveway. He seemed friendly enough so I petted him. In between water breaks, we would visit a little more. He stayed outside all day, and by this evening when he hadn't returned to his home, I decided to give him a little snack and some water.

It is obvious he belongs somewhere. He wears a pink collar although he is obviously all male. His paws are soft so he hasn't seen much outside action. His fur is smooth and he doesn't seem malnourished. So why hasn't he gone back home?

I had some errands to run tonight and when I returned home, Steve and Maribeth had not only let the gray kitty inside, but they had put Shaggy the Cat outside due to grumpy behavior, and gave gray kitty free run of the house (and Shaggy's food).

I decided to open the door and let the kitty outside. Right now I am upstairs, so there's no telling what Steve and Maribeth are up to. Tomorrow I leave for my sister's birthday celebration, so there's no telling what I will be coming home to in a week.

But I guess the bottom line is that I'm a pushover and everyone knows it. And it looks like somebody told this gray kitty!

2 comments:

emily g said...

Remember the gray cat I had when we lived in FL? I bet this is her in another life (I can't explain the male parts tho...)

Luanne said...

Maybe it's the hope that every woman comes back with her own set of balls!