Friday, June 5, 2009

Friday Night

Steve is in Kansas City with Sam, who will be running his 6th half-marathon for 2009. Maribeth is in France, finishing up her four week study there. So tonight it's just me and Shaggy the Cat. We're watching movies on cable, most of which we've seen too many times before.

But it's nice to sit and be quiet for awhile. There are about a million things I could and should be doing, but I'm not. There are plenty of things to be cleaned, but they remain dirty. There are projects to complete, and thoughts to be thunk, and pounds to be lost. But for tonight, nothing's getting done. Shaggy's dozing on the couch, and I'm sitting beside him, doing nothing.

Some things worth doing are worth doing well. Tonight I am doing nothing and doing it quite well. It's good to be quiet and vegetate and let the brain rest for awhile.

Gotta go - Bridget Jones in on in 5 minutes!

No comments: