Wednesday, April 22, 2009

What I Learned While Volunteering Today

For the next few days, I will be volunteering at the Country Music Marathon Expo. Today was set-up day. My first job was to go around and make name tags for the other volunteers on substandard neon stickers that tended to fall off. My other assignments were tagging sweatshirts, hanging and/or boxing tagged sweatshirts, passing out various registration materials, and partnering with a very senior citizen as he climbed on a chair to hang signs.

I spent some of the time waiting around with the other volunteers, waiting to be assigned a job. During our waiting-to-be-assigned periods, we chatted amongst ourselves. We learned who had done this marathon before, how many years different volunteers had worked the marathon, and other tidbits of information. However, all of this paled in comparison to what I learned about nasal irrigation. Here's the info and video - I haven't the wherewithal to view it, but I leave it to you. The volunteer who told us about it swears it's the best. Again - I will leave that to you.

Happy irrigating!

2 comments:

lynnette said...

i keep hearing about the wonders of the neti-pot. still can't bring myself to try it though.

Luanne said...

maybe it should be one of your 30 things this year - you know, Netty and her neti-pot!