Thursday, April 2, 2009

April Showers

It's April. My, how quickly 2009 seems to be passing, especially when I think about where I wanted to be at this point in the year. I planned to be lighter, more fit, and a healthier eater. However, I'm not even close.

I guess it's sort of like the thunderstorm that passed through this afternoon. Everything got dark and gloomy and then the rain started. Lightening hit something close, as evidenced by the resounding "boom" and Shaggy the Cat's streak for under the bed. But the lights stayed on and no trees crashed to the ground, so all was well at my house. A few miles away, a tornado touched down, causing a little bit of damage. But these rainstorms are important, because we all know that April showers bring May flowers (which I've got to plant after April 15).

I haven't made the progress I wanted to - yet. I've had a few storms that have kept me from getting there - mostly self-created. But I've got to keep working at it, because eventually my flowers will come up and everything I've worked for will be beautiful.

No comments: