Friday, March 6, 2009

Color - Part II

Today my fellow co-worker at my 5K registration table surprised me. She said she gave a lady the wrong bib number because the lady was black and had bright things in her hair, thus confusing her. She said she just didn't see black people where she was from because there weren't many there. Again, I am floored by what I hear come out of people's mouths. Even though I don't think the lady was being mean, I just really didn't know what to say.

Maybe the little boy I heard the other day was more on target than I realized.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where was she from?

Luanne said...

North of the Mason-Dixon line, but it shouldn't matter. Maybe one day another person's color won't be the determining factor in how we perceive each other.

Marilyn said...

or where we are "from"?