Sunday, February 1, 2009

One Hundred Things - Part Two

I've already mentioned my goal for this year, which is to get rid of 100 things each month. It's my twist on David Bruno's 100 Thing Challenge. In January, it was to unload 100 books.

Today I unloaded 100 dvds. I realize many people couldn't imagine having 100 dvds, much less getting rid of that many. But we have that many, and more. It was just something we started when dvds came out (remember we have three children) and ended up with literally shelves of the discs.

It wasn't hard to cull 100. We had several duplicates, and others that had never been taken out of the wrappers. There were many that I don't even remember being brought into the house. In the end, 100 dvds sat in boxes. Sam and Molly claimed some, and after Maribeth inspects the leftovers, the ones remaining will be boxed for the May Breast Cancer garage sale.

It amazes me again to see how much I can do without. I just wish I could get rid of my excess pounds as easily as I do these other things!

No comments: