Friday, February 6, 2009

New Words

In an attempt to create a blog post, I decided to learn a new word. I opened up my handy 2000 Edition of Webster's and turned to a random page. I ended up on the "mi" page, but already knew most of the words. Then I saw the word "mis-" which is a prefix, which when attached to any ordinary word makes the ordinary word become wrong or unfavorable. You know, like behave becomes misbehave and calculate becomes miscalculate.

Wanting to become famous by using this ingenious mini-word, I have decided to create a few new words for future entry into the dictionary:

1. Miseat - eating the entire box of Krispy Kreme doughnuts, plus the second box you got for $1 with the coupon

2. Misexercise - when you sit on the couch watching the "Law and Order" marathon instead of going to Curves

3. Misdress - when you wear that cleavage-showing bulging-belly midriff at Disney World, thus disrupting my view of the parade

4. Misclean - when you hide/sweep under the rug/put in a sack the stuff I've repeatedly asked you to put away/clean/get rid of.

5. Miswatch - when you watch stupid stuff like "My Big Redneck Wedding" on television

6. Misweigh - when you get on the scales and you know you shouldn't

7. Misblog - when what you wrote earned you a night in jail

8. Misshop - when you shop in the hootchie mama section and you aren't one

9. Mistext - when I inadvertently hit "send" before I'm done with the message

10. Misbrain - when you think something is worth blogging, but it really isn't

No comments: