Friday, February 20, 2009

March's 100 Things - The Early Edition

On March 1, I will be at The Happiest Place on Earth and not able to take care of my 100 Things Project. I decided to do it today so it will be done before I leave next Thursday. I had already determined that the 100 things for March would come from my kitchen. As little as I actually use the kitchen, one might wonder how I could dispose of 100 things. But it wasn't so hard.

I had a few small appliances that I once purchased under the delusion of using. I might have used them a few times, then let them sit with no prospects. They should be used.

I had thirty steak knives for two people. We don't even eat steak that much.

I had two sets of cutlery - one with Mickey cut into the handles and one with an assorted mix of patterns - the assorted ones are gone. Maybe some child needs a spoon to dig in the dirt.

I had dishes and cups and bowls that may have been used one or twice or never and would probably never be used again. I'm sure they seemed like a good idea at the time.

I had cookbooks that could be holding hidden money - I certainly have never (and never will) open them up to see.

I had duplicates of doo-dads and thingamajigs. I hardly use the originals, much less the spares. I have a manual juicer - I don't even drink orange juice.

All of these things are now in a box, awaiting my gigantic May Breast Cancer 3-Day Walk Garage Sale. I'm hoping they will bring in money for the cause. I'm hoping that maybe all my excess will become someone else's usable stuff. For me, it's another 100 things out my door. Well, at least to my sunroom until May!

No comments: