Thursday, February 26, 2009

Emotional Midol

Note: This blog post is assuming you know what Midol is, and its purpose.
If you don't, Google. Once you're in the know, read on.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm on a cycle of craziness. You know, you're sane for a while, then stuff happens for a while, then you're crazy and out of control for a while, then you get sane again. The frustrating part is when you realize you're in the crazy/out of control days, and you're pretty ticked off that you're back in the crazy place again. You wonder if there is some way to avoid this part of the cycle.

I don't think there is. I think you have to be crazy/out of control sometimes. I'm not sure why, but certainly there's a reason. Maybe it's to shake up your life. Maybe it's to rearrange your priorities. Maybe it's so you can just let loose for awhile. But no matter the reason, I don't think it's always a bad thing, if you take your Emotional Midol.

Fortunately, you get to create your own version of Emotional Midol. For me, it was equal parts of talking to Rebekah, having Bridget knead the knots out of my neck (at least some of them anyway), taking a casual stroll in the neighborhood this morning, and creating a new plan for getting back to saneness. I think it's working, because I'm all packed for two weeks at Disney. And if that hasn't sent me over the edge, I'm back on track.

No comments: