Thursday, January 1, 2009

A Good Start














This morning Steve, Sam, Lynnette, and I got up to do the Resolution Run 5K in downtown Nashville. It was cold but sunny and beautiful, and was a nice run. Afterwards, you get a bowl of black-eyed peas and cornbread.

After Lynnette and I had picked up our race numbers and timing chips, we headed back to the car to put our stuff on. I was walking past a man putting his chip on, and I looked at him with that thought of "I think I know him." He looked at me the same way, and in about another second, we recognized each other as teaching colleagues from many years ago. We were good friends that had lost touch for the past several years. It was a special treat on the first day of 2009.

January 1 has been a beautiful day. The weather was lovely, I got in a wog, I ate some good luck food, and I connected with an old friend. If today is any indication of what 2009 holds, it's going to be a great year!

No comments: