Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Little Things

Last Saturday, after a week of drying out, my first new cell phone was revived. Maribeth put the battery and Sim card back in, turned her on, and once again I was in business. My second newer cell phone was put on hold, should the first decide to take another swim. I was so thrilled with the resurgence of my phone (and the return of all the phone numbers that I had stored in it) that I felt compelled to reward it with a new screen saver (my choice should not come as a shock to anyone).

Last week as I was out shopping, I saw a little crown laying beside my car. Naturally, I couldn't just leave it on the ground. I picked it up and put it in my car. I haven't found a home for it yet, but I will. I want to put it somewhere to remind me that little surprises are everywhere, if I will just open my eyes and look.

Two seemingly little things that turn into happy thoughts and big smiles every time I see them. It's amazing what little things can do, if we just let them.

No comments: