Sunday, November 23, 2008

One Micro Macro Step

Today I took another step into the world of macrobiotics. I took my shopping list to Whole Foods here in Orlando, hoping for the best. I went up and down the aisles, thinking to myself, "What in the **#% is ______?"

Luckily, one of the clerks was friendly enough to help me with my selections. I told her I was just beginning, and as I turned to leave she said, "Just remember to take it slow. Otherwise you will just give up."

I will try to take her advice. As a person who wants to do things all the way in the right way, I do tend to try to do it all at once and end up overwhelmed. There's a lot to read and figure out in this endeavor. But I want to try. Today I made it to the grocery store. Tonight I am soaking beans and rice. Tomorrow I will try to figure out what to do with them.

We can do many things if we just take our time. The results will be there - if we're willing to wait for them to happen when they're supposed to.

No comments: