Friday, October 31, 2008

Why I Hate Halloween

It's the candy. I stopped buying the cheap stuff nobody eats because as a parent, I hated the yicky stuff when my children brought it home. I started buying the good candy that at least somebody in the house would eat in case it was a lean trick-or-treater year. Unfortunately, I always end up the one eating most of the candy.

This year I decided to buy the packs that had the most good candy that I would not eat, because I had never tried it, or had tried it and didn't like it although Steve probably did. This year I made a mistake because I tried one of those "hadn't tried it" candy bars and got hooked.

The candy is called "NutRageous" and it is evil. It is also delicious. Of course I have eaten more than I have given out, so now Steve is in charge of the candy basket. In thirty minutes, the last person to ring the doorbell gets everything that is left, and I will have survived (sort of) another candy fest.

Now if I can just make it through Christmas Tree Cake season!

1 comment:

Kat said...

In our house, not only do we have all the extra candy we didn't unload on the trick-or-treaters, but 95% of the stuff Rachel got, she doesn't like. Of course, in my solemn vow to 'waste not, want not,' I will ensure that none of it goes to waste. Well, maybe MY waist...

NutRageous? I've eaten them and you are right, they ARE evil!! But did you have to go and remind me about the Christmas Tree cakes?!?!? **sigh** ;-)