Thursday, October 16, 2008

Shaggy and Friends

Shaggy the Cat has issues. He is usually on the wrong side of the door, especially after midnight. He wants to be fed so he can eat a bite, then leave the rest of his meal to sit and grow stale. He likes to wait until I am asleep, then wake me with a paw and slightly extended claw. But all those are minute compared to his real issue - lack of friends.

I have already commented on his attempt at bonding with the Duck family. Today I caught him trying the same thing with Snoopy and Aflac. But his relationships with the stuffed is much more desirable than the one he tried last night.

I know Shaggy is aware of my affection for the Mouse. I think he's jealous, because last night while I was watching tv, I heard Shaggy using his "things are awry" meow. I looked over and saw him scooting across the floor, batting what I believed was his catnip Disney ball. When I noticed the "ball" moving on its own, I realized it was a mouse. Real, not Disney. Shaggy chased the mouse around the room, batting it a bit but not wounding it. I procured a box, trapped the mouse, and released it outside.

I am more confused than ever. Does he want a baby kitten sibling? Does he want to go to Disneyworld? Does he need more of my attention? I just hope he knows that bringing a mouse to me in my bed would not be considered a "magical moment!"

No comments: