Thursday, October 23, 2008

Disney Does It Again

Yesterday I blogged about the niceties I enjoy at Disney. Today once again, I experienced the service of Disney that I appreciate so much.

It happened when I was checking in at Boardwalk for the rest of the ladies on this vacation. I usually check in for everybody so that when they get here (I always manage to come in early), everything is ready to go. Today Cast Member Charlotte told me that I would only be able to check in for my room, because they don't let you check in for anybody else's room unless your name is on the reservation. I explained why I would like to check in for everyone, but it didn't look too promising. She started on my reservation, then disappeared. I figured she was going to get my room key.

I waited awhile, and another cast member asked if I needed help. I replied that Charlotte had gone somewhere, but she was helping me. Finally, Charlotte came back, accompanied by the desk managr Ryan, who explained their procedure and the reasons for it. He then told me that if I had my DVC card that had my membership number related to the reservation, they would go ahead and let me check in everybody.

I guess my point is that Disney again showed me their concern is with their guests rather than their institution. They were polite and found a solution to my dilemma while still maintaining their concerns about security. We all left satisfied, which should be the goal of any consumer-oriented business.

And that is why I heart Disney!

No comments: